Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Radiation totally sucks so far

I had extra films done last week so I wouldn't have to have them done yesterday. Except, I had to have more films done yesterday. My case is "complicated." Between the deepness of the tumor cavity and the fact that they are also radiating above my collar bone is making for difficulty with the angles.

I finally got done at 5:00, got dressed and was trying to leave when one of the techs introduced me to one of the nurses. I told her it was nice to meet her but I had already met with another nurse last week and didn't think I needed to see her as well. She said that the doctor covering for my doctor (who is out this week) needed to see me after the films. I told her I didn't have time and had to leave, as my carpool is at 4:00. Luckily, I have an understanding sister. She glowered at me and tried to get me to stay, but I told her the doctor could see me another day and left.

I called this morning and left a message, apologizing for leaving and stating that I would be happy to see the doctor before my radiation appointment anytime the rest of this week. I didn't receive a call back by lunch-time, so I left another message reiterating the fact that I wasn't going to stay after my scheduled appointment, but if she wanted to see me today, I needed to know because I'm at work. Still no call back, so I guess they don't want me to see her today. whatever!

The only good thing that came out of it was that my appointment times got switched from 3:45 to 3:15. This means I won't have to come in early to try to get in before my appointment so I can pick up my sister at a reasonable time.

Today should be a better (and quicker) experience.

No comments: